The key is to snack right – and to snack right, you need to plan ahead. When you’re prepared for snack attacks and have a healthy snack on hand, you’re in control of your diet and your weight loss.
Choosing to diet and change the way you think about food can be very difficult. If you have been eating a certain way for many many years it can be a challenge. Cravings, hunger and the stress of trying to manage a new and healthier diet can lead to snacking on the wrong foods, which will sabotage all of your hard work.
Hummus is great as a healthy snack.
However, if you’re prepared for these potential challenges you can keep your diet on track.
Healthy Snack That Won’t Harm Your Weightloss Goals
Here are seven quick healthy snack ideas that won’t sabotage your weight loss:
- Nuts – A bag of nuts is a great snack because contain the kind of healthy fat your body needs. Grab small snack bags and fill them with a handful of nuts. Almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios and even walnuts are all a fantastic and delicious snack.
- Vegetable crisps and guacamole – vegetable crisps (the healthier option) and homemade guacamole are a great snack. Avocados, like nuts, are rich in healthy fats. A dollop of guacamole and five or six vegetable crisps is a perfectly healthy snack.
- Yogurt – Natural yogurt is perfect as a snack. Add a few nuts and seeds and some fresh berries for a well-rounded and delicious snack. If you aren’t able to eat dairy, we love coconut yogurt from Coconut Collaborative.
- Tuna or sardines – Fish is full of omega fatty acids and it’s high in protein. Tuna and sardines with crackers is a healthy snack.
- Nut butters – Almond and Cashew butter is great on top of celery, apples, bananas or even in a spoonful in small smoothie.
- Veggies and hummus – I love Hummus and is always something that we have in our fridge at home, it makes a great snack, just add celery sticks, carrots and other sliced vegetables and you have a super tasty snack.
Snacks are a healthy part of a diet, if done right. Plan ahead and make sure you have your healthy snack with you or in a convienent spot. Use these healthy snacks to help you keep cravings at bay and get all the nutrients you need to get and stay healthy.